What is the difference between Klepsydra’s Community and Professional Edition?
Klepsydra is a software tool designed for real-time data processing and analysis. The main difference between Klepsydra’s Community and Professional Edition is the set of features and level of support offered.The previous version of Klepsydra SDK CE was 4.1.0, however, with this release we will jump to version 7.0.0 to match the current version of the SDK PE. In essence, both versions are identical from the performance perspective and only differ on the fact that Klepsydra SDK CE support only Linux operating systems, while the the PE version supports also real-time operating systems like RTEMS5 and FreeRTOS10. Moreover, the set of products are different for both editions:
- Community Edition: Klepsydra SDK, Klepsydra Robotic Toolkit
- Professional Edition: Klepsydra SDK, Klepsydra Robotic Toolkit, Klepsydra AI, Klepsydra ROS2 plugin and Klepsydra GPU streaming.
Can I use Klepsydra Community Edition commercially?
Yes, because Klepsydra software is licensed under Apache 2.0. This is a permissive open-source license that allows you to use, modify, and distribute the software for any purpose, including commercial use. However, there are some conditions that you must comply with when using software under the Apache 2.0 license. These conditions include:
- You must include a copy of the Apache 2.0 license in your distribution of the software
- You must include the copyright notice and any other attribution notices that are included with the software.
- If you modify the software, you must indicate that you have made modifications to the software.
- You must not use any trademarks associated with the software in a way that suggests endorsement or affiliation with the software’s original creators.
- If you distribute the software, you must include a notice that the software includes code under the Apache 2.0 license.
How difficult is to upgrade from Community Edition to Professional Edition?
The upgrade to Professional Edition is effortless. Both versions are identical from the performance perspective and only differ on the fact that Klepsydra SDK CE support only Linux operating systems, while the the PE version supports also real-time operating systems like RTEMS5 and FreeRTOS10.
When will be the ROS2 plugin Community Edition available?
We expect to have it ready for the second part of year 2023.
What are the benefits of using Klepsydra for software development?
Klepsydra provides a powerful set of tools for real-time data processing and analysis, making it an ideal choice for software development projects that require high performance, scalability, and fault tolerance.
Have a look at this demo to understand the performance improvements that Klepsydra SDK provides.
Is Klepsydra AI Opensource?
No. Klepsydra AI is not planned to be offered opensource. However, you can request a three-month free trial via our website.
What type of applications can benefit from the high performance of Klepsydra?
Klepsydra software is advantageous in two cases:
- Processing of large volumes of data (camera, LIDAR, etc)
- Execution of processor intensive algorithms (compression, sensor-fusion, etc)
How are Klepsydra products interconnected?
Klepsydra products are based on Klepsydra SDK which is the building block of all of them.